Blogger Templates

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New Happenings

My 2012 has started off great. So many things have happened in such a short amount of time.

January 2012 started off with a bang at the Goehringer home where we celebrated the new year with an 80's dance party.

January was full of craziness and business. I started my final semester at Delaware Tech and Ryan started back and Wilmington U. By the way, I am very excited for this semester to end and to graduate with my associate's on May 14! WOOHOO! I was blessed to test out of one of my classes for this semester and only be able to take four final classes. (Integrated Business Apps, Access I, Spreadsheet/Graphics Proc, and Desktop Publishing) Basically, I'm learning how to be a computer wiz :)

On 2-2-12 (awesome date, I know) we adopted a new addition into our family. Rosie Shea Williams leaped into our hearts at a local pet shop. She is an adorably cute Morkie (Maltese/Yorkie) who was 15 wks old (born 10-31-11). The owner of the pet shop marked her down A LOT since she was getting older and since we were an awesome young couple :) To say the least, she is spoiled rotten. She loves to go everywhere with me. I carry her in one of my Thirty-One bags, and she absolutely loves it. I even bought her an outfit, and I try to put bows in her hair--but she doesn't like that too much. She absolutely loves going to her Mom-Mom J and Pap's house and trying to attack my childhood dogs (Heidi & Bridgie) and they do not like it at all. She is definitely a ball full of energy when it comes to being around other dogs. The one thing she is scared of, which is weird, is my parents cat. I have NEVER seen this cat hiss....EVER, but when I brought Rosie around, she hissed like crazy and scared poor Rosie to death. It's actually pretty funny.

This is Ryan's first dog, and he loves her to death. When he leaves for work, Rosie cries for him, and when he comes home, she goes crazy and usually pees from excitement. The first couple of nights we put her in her kennel to sleep, but after awhile, she won over daddy's heart and is currently sleeping in bed with us. Now, this will only happen with a dog. I will not allow a baby to sleep with us in bed in the future--that is totally different. Some people may say, oh you let a dog sleep with you, then you'll let your children do that...No way. I am not for that at all!! Okay--calm down--I will step off my stool now....

This month we have also purchased a new car! Well, it's not new, but new to us :) It's a 1990 Honda Accord with 59,000 original miles on it. It's crazy how God works. We needed a car for Ryan to get better gas milage, and God blessed us with one. This car was garage kept, and looks brand new. It gets even better--our mechanic, and one of my dad's best clients, is selling it to us. He has gone above and beyond to make sure this car is perfect for us. He has updated everything on it. We are SO thankful.

Here are some pictures of our little Rosie girl, and Ryan's new car :) (of course, it's white, which white cars run in our family)




2 comments:

  1. God's blessings are never ending to His children who are faithful in their walk with Him! Congrats Abby and Ryan, this is just the start of many wonderful things to come in your life! =] Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you so much. This is very true :)

    May I ask who this comment is from? It shows (Anonymous)

    ReplyDelete