Blogger Templates

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Faith.

I created this blog to talk about life, things I have learned, and of course, the Bible.

God has truly blessed me. Words can't describe how truly grateful I am for all that God has blessed me with. It wasn't all that easy to give up myself and my selfish desires, but oh boy let me tell ya, it is so worth it. Let me start from the beginning....

I grew up in a great Christian home. My mom started out by sending me to public school, kindergarten through third grade. She gave up everything--she even shut down her in-home daycare, to home school me. Oh home school....it was a very hard change. My mom definitely pushed me to succeed (which was great). I had to wake up every day at 8 am, take a shower, and get ready for my day. It was a very rough first year since the public schools were letting me get behind. I pushed through and was able to catch up to my grade in every subject. I couldn't play until all my home school work done. My mom had a bible study with me every morning and taught me to hide God's word in my heart by memorizing it. We also read "I kissed dating goodbye" which really helped me to be who I am and my views today.

In 10th grade my mom and I decided that we thought it would be a good idea for me to go to a christian high school to see if I could handle the load and also to learn English and how to write papers, since my mom was not good in that area. The private school helped me a lot educationally, but hurt/helped me spiritually. Funny huh? It hurt me spiritually through all the students being hypocrites. It helped me by being able to search the scriptures in order to defend what I believed. That year was the one year that I think all teenagers have to go through. I hung out with some girls who I knew I shouldn't hang out with, but I did to "fit in". My younger sisters in Christ, let me tell ya something....DO NOT do things just to make you FIT IN! Stick to what you have been taught and what you know is right!! Don't fall into the lies and the gossip. Anyway, the girls were bad news and that is the year I got to be rebellious, not horrible, just a learning experience. I fell into the trap of "you have to have a boyfriend". Guess what? You don't. But guess what? I thought I did, just to fit in. That summer I had my "boyfriend" that didn't last of course. I knew I needed to change and just stop following this deadly world. The beginning of eleventh grade was the start. I only went to the private school for 2 classes and I was home schooled for 2 classes. I gave up all of my "friends" that were leading me in the wrong direction. IT WAS SO HARD! I felt lonely, but guess what...that was the best thing ever because I turned to GOD for everything I needed. After I made that change, I was not lonely anymore. I had God, he was my EVERYTHING, all I needed. I didn't need to chase after boys to make me happy. I had God and HE alone made me happy.
I started hanging out with some friends who I had dropped for my self seeking self. I realized who my true friends were and wow...what a change. God let me have that point in my life to help me realize that He is all I need and He will always bless me with the right friends.

My senior year I chose to be home schooled. It was the best thing ever. I was able to do everything at my own pace. Even better, I met the love of my life at a revival in Winchester, where we both were going to seek God and God led us to each other!! It was the perfect timing. Even better I found out he was a preachers grandson and preachers nephew! His family is amazing and became really great friends with my family. God knew exactly what He was doing! How great is that. God worked even bigger in our lives. Ryan lived in VA and I live in DE. We did  not know how God was going to bring us together considering I would be getting free college here in DE. God opened all the doors. 100%! Ryan looked into a university here and they accepted all of his credits and transferred them. Next, God opened the door for my parents to buy a property and put a double wide on it for Ryan to live in and for us to rent from them for a few years when we get married. Every single door was opened all by having faith and patience.

To conclude, Ryan and I got engaged on 10.10.10 and will be getting married on 11.11.11. How cool is that?!?!?!?!

I have learned to have complete faith in God throughout my life. This is just a snap shot of how my life has been. God has worked tremendously and I am so thankful.

Have faith, God will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment