Blogger Templates

Monday, May 23, 2011

Gossip? No, Be Real.

A lot of people struggle with being real. I have struggled with this throughout my life, but within the past few years I have learned to be myself and to stop being fake. I hate how this world is like a game. It tries to suck you in. It tries to make you play the game of "life" and then you lose because it's not ever going to get you anywhere. The worlds game of life goes a little bit like this....


You have a some great friends. You play the happy, best friend forever, game. But yet, the world sucks you in, gossip starts, and booooooom, another friendship is killed because of the betrayal. But guess what? The devil is cracking up at how we fell in the trap. Ooooohh my, how he loves the gossip game. I have really learned lately how much gossip can do. It can break up friendships and families. It can destroy....It doesn't sound like one of those harsh words like murder or stealing....but that one simple sounding okay word---gossip---can cause a ton of damage.


"A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much." Proverbs 20:19


"A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends." Proverbs 16:28


"'Do not go about spreading slander among your people. "'Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor's life. I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:16


Yes, I am guilty of this whole gossip thing. It's hard, I admit. Every conversation seems to have gossip in it. That is how sly the devil is. It has destroyed some of my closest friendships. It has also hurt me in many ways when I am gossiped about. When you are talking about someone it seems painless, but when you are talked about....that is when it is extremely painful.


I write this today, because I am hurt. Many things have gone on recently for me to feel this hurt. Gossip is everywhere, everyday, and almost uneatable. It causes strife among the brethren. I absolutely hate that.


Here is a word of advice...


“If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
“I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.“Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:15-20


We should not gossip about someone if you don't know if it is true or not. We should go to that person. No matter how hard that can be, do it. I am guilty of gossiping and not going to that person first. I have learned to stop the trail of gossip, go to the direct person, and talk everything through, and let me tell ya, it's the best thing ever. Why? Because it's God's way of doing things and His way is the best. Even if that person still sins against you and gossips you know that you are in the right for going to that person about the issue, even if the gossip is about you. Go to that person and figure out what is going on. This is my new favorite thing. Anything that I hear, I go to the direct person, or call them and figure out what the deal is/was and God blesses you for that. 


My last post talked about "love". It all goes back to loving one another. We should look at how Christ loves us, and what He would do in that situation. So please, don't take this from just me, take this from the Word of God. Let's stop gossiping, lets be real, lets stop acting and hurting, and lets love. 


As I quoted on facebook...."I'm going to smile through this. I'm going to love through this. I'm going to forgive through this. I'm going to learn through this. I'm going to grow through this. I'm going to hope through this. I'm going to have faith through this. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28"

No comments:

Post a Comment